Finding Workers' Compensation Benefits For New Yorkers
If you were recently hurt while on the job, or have developed a disease or lingering physical impairment as a result of your employment, you may be entitled to payments to compensate you for your medical expenses and lost wages. This is because you are protected by the New York workers' compensation system, which provides benefits to injured employees.
At Law Offices of Joseph A. Romano, P.C., we can guide you through the process of filing a workers' compensation claim or even appealing a denial. There are many legal areas that overlap workers' compensation, and we can provide the clear, honest direction you need. Our lawyers can discuss your specific situation and explore all legal avenues for compensation. Whether you are seeking third-party liability, Social Security Disability, Supplemental Security Income or a personal injury claim, we can help.
Offices In The Bronx And Throughout New York
In order to receive workers' compensation, you must file a claim with the Workers' Compensation Board and fill out a C-3 form. Our law firm is experienced in helping injured workers get the benefits they deserve. Here are some steps to be aware of even before you discuss your case with a job injury attorney:
- Report the accident to your employer/supervisor as soon as possible.
- Seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries and make sure to tell the doctor the injury is work-related.
- Obtain the names and addresses of all the witnesses to the accident.
- Do not speak to anyone else about your claim other than your doctor.
- Call our office at 855-965-1515, so we can assist you in filing a compensation claim and protect your interests.
If you are concerned about retaliation in the workplace or are curious about the different types of work injuries, do not hesitate to call or email our firm. With over 25 years of experience, the work injury lawyers at Law Offices of Joseph A. Romano, P.C., have helped countless individuals seek remedies for their harm through these laws.