Undocumented in the U.S.? Ask for forgiveness with a I-601 Waiver!

The Law Offices of Joseph A. Romano, P.C. on Wednesday, June 21, 2017.

If you are or were in the country and undocumented you could be elligible for forgiveness through the U.S. Government. These two waiver documents could help lead to forgiveness.

I-601 Application for Waiver of Inadmissibility

What is it? - It is an application that upon approval, it will waive many inadmissible grounds when applying for migratory relief. This includes but not limited to: criminal offenses (not all), fraud, Willful misinterpretation, health-related grounds of inadmissibility and unlawful presence in the U.S.

When to use it - The I-601 Application for Waiver of Inadmissibility is used after voluntarily leaving the U.S with accrued unlawful presence in the U.S. 

Click Below for more information regarding these forms! Estas formas también están en español.

Free Information on Waivers

I-601 A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver

What is it? - It is an application that upon approval, it will waive the applicant’s unlawful presence in the U.S in order to proceed to adjustment of status. The purpose of this waiver is to have your unlawful presence waived while being in the U.S to avoid the three-ten year bar.

When to use it - when you entered the U.S without inspection and still live in the U.S. This only applies if you entered unlawfully ONCE. Download the form above for more information

For more information on applications that waive grounds of inadmissibility and eligibility, please contact our Bronx office and set up a FREE consultation

 **This blog post is for informational purposes. Your specific circumstances may vary from the information provided. Every case is different. Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes. The contents contained in this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact us before sending confidential or time-sensitive material**


Tags: Citizenship, immigration

Related Posts What you need to know about dACA Immigration Status, Immigration Did You Know? 2 ways to get a change of status, 5 Reasons To Become An American Citizen

No Comments

Subscribe to Email Updates

Schedule A Free Consultation

Recent Posts

bronx office

1776 Eastchester Road
Suite 210
Bronx, NY 10461 Toll Free: 855-965-1515
Fax: 718-828-2360

Bronx Law Office Directions

New York office

18 East 41st Street
Sixth Floor
New York, NY 10017


By Appointment Only


Phone: 212-661-5886 

Manhattan Law Office Directions

Brooklyn office

26 Court Street
Suite 1908
Brooklyn, NY 11242 Phone: 855-965-1515
Fax: 718-243-1968

Brooklyn Law Office Directions

Garden City office

585 Stewart Avenue
Suite L-80
Garden City, NY 11530 Phone: 516-222-5200
Fax: 516-222-5201

Long Island Law Office Directions

Yonkers office

2168 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10710

By Appointment Only

Toll Free: 855-965-1515
Fax: 718-828-2360

Yonkers Law Office Directions