Immigration Did You Know? 2 ways to get a change of status

The Law Offices of Joseph A. Romano, P.C. on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.

There are multiple ways to change your immigration status in the United States. Recent laws have made some of these possibilities seem more daunting or confusing then ever. Below are two ways in which a person could potentially adjust their immigration status.

Parole In Place

“Parole in Place” (or PIP for short) allow family member who U.S citizens who are in the military to “adjust status”—that is, apply for lawful permanent residence or a green card—without leaving the United States. This change in status means you would not have to leave the country even if they are living here illegally right now; hence 'In Place'. For more information on PIP feel free to contact our firm or check out this helpful resource.

El parole in place (PIP, por sus siglas en inglés) es un camino poco conocido que permite obtener la tarjeta de residencia, también conocida como green card, a migrantes indocumentados que son familiares inmediatos de ciudadanos militares, reservistas o veteranos.

Ask Our Attorney A Question


If the person petitioning you case has passed away, reinstatement is another option to receive a change of status.

Reinstatement is the process of re-establishing the status of a person, company or law. In Immigration law, you may be able to reestablish your status under certain circumstances. Basically, if the person that submitted the petition to Immigration passes away, then the petition gets denied. There are however some circumstances, where if the person resided in the United States at the time when the person that submitted the petition died, that person may still be eligible to continue their immigration case.

 Check out some other Citizenship and Immigration topics here:

What Is Temporary Protection Status?

5 Reasons To Become An American Citizen

 **This blog post is for informational purposes. Your specific circumstances may vary from the information provided. Every case is different. Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes. The contents contained in this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact us before sending confidential or time-sensitive material**


Tags: Citizenship, immigration, change of status

Related Posts What you need to know about dACA Immigration Status, Undocumented in the U.S.? Ask for forgiveness with a I-601 Waiver!, 5 Reasons To Become An American Citizen

No Comments

Subscribe to Email Updates

Schedule A Free Consultation

Recent Posts

bronx office

1776 Eastchester Road
Suite 210
Bronx, NY 10461 Toll Free: 855-965-1515
Fax: 718-828-2360

Bronx Law Office Directions

New York office

18 East 41st Street
Sixth Floor
New York, NY 10017


By Appointment Only


Phone: 212-661-5886 

Manhattan Law Office Directions

Brooklyn office

26 Court Street
Suite 1908
Brooklyn, NY 11242 Phone: 855-965-1515
Fax: 718-243-1968

Brooklyn Law Office Directions

Garden City office

585 Stewart Avenue
Suite L-80
Garden City, NY 11530 Phone: 516-222-5200
Fax: 516-222-5201

Long Island Law Office Directions

Yonkers office

2168 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10710

By Appointment Only

Toll Free: 855-965-1515
Fax: 718-828-2360

Yonkers Law Office Directions