Press Play for Music:
*Adapted from lyrics written by Billy Joel and performed live in concert on September 21st 2001: “Tribute to Heroes” to benefit the victims’ of 9/11
“It comes down to reality
and it’s fine with me
‘cause they let it slide.
Don’t care if it’s Chinatown
or the Wall Street side.
If you LIVED and BREATHED near GROUND ZERO,
like so many who shared that time…
you’re a NYC Survivor
in a New York State of Mind.”
The September 11th Victim Compensation Fund ("VCF") was originally created to provide compensation for any individual (or a personal representative of a deceased individual) who suffered physical harm or was killed as a result of the terrorist-related aircraft crashes of September 11, 2001 or the debris removal efforts that took place in Ground Zero.
The total amount awarded to date as of May, 2018 is $3,649,046,905.46.
The 9/11 VICTIMS’ COMPENSATION FUND has paid billions to First Responders, Firefighters and others has now extended eligibility to include “NYC SURVIVORS”.
Are You or Someone You Know, a NYC Survivor? (see below courtesy of VCF of NYC)
NYC Survivor Includes:
- A person who was present in the in the dust or dust cloud on September 11, 2001;
- A person who worked, lived, or attended school, child care, or adult day care in the
- Area near Ground Zero for at least 4 days during the 4-month period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on Jan. 10, 2002, or at least 30 days during the 11 months beginning September 11, 2001 and ending on July 31, 2002;
- Any person who worked as a cleanup worker or performed maintenance work in Ground Zero during the 4 months starting September 11, 2001, and ending on Jan. 10, 2002;
- A person who was eligible to receive a grant from the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation Residential Grant Program, who had a lease for a residence or bought a residence in the New York City area near Ground Zero, and who lived in that residence during the period beginning on September 11, 2001, and ending on May 31, 2003;
- A person whose place of employment: At any time during the period beginning on September 11, 2001, and ending on May 31, 2003, was often in the nearby area of Ground Zero; and was eligible to receive a grant from the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation WTC Small Firms Attraction and Retention Act program or other government incentive program designed to revitalize the lower Manhattan economy after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Do I need to have my condition(s) certified for treatment by the WTC Health Program before I can register with the VCF?
(Added: February 1, 2018)
"No, you do not need to be certified for treatment by the WTC Health Program in order to register with the VCF. You can register at any time. Registering with the VCF preserves your right to submit a claim, either now or at some point in the future, until the VCF closes on December 18, 2020. By registering, you do not waive any rights and you are not obligated to file a claim in the future."
The Statue of Limitations for latent 9/11 illness is different for each individual. Determinations are based on the timing and knowledge of causation to your particular case.
You must register to stop the clock from ticking against your right to file a claim and receive the monetary compensation you deserve from the VCF.
1) Did you, live, work, attend school or volunteered in the clean-up of Ground Zero during the aftermath of 9/11?
2) Are you now experiencing serious health issues? You may have a NYC Survivors’ Claim.
If You answered YES to the above questions;
Contact us now to Protect Your Right to File a Claim in the Future.